No Access by Children Under 16
Microtrace does not knowingly solicit Personal Data online from or market to children under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years of age, you will need to consult with your parent or guardian before providing any Personal Data to Microtrace.
Collection of Your Personal Data
Microtrace may require you to provide Personal Data to Microtrace if you would like to receive information, technologies or solutions offered by Microtrace. Personal Data collected is primarily limited to your name, company name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and may include general information about your desired application. At a later time we may also ask you to provide additional information when Microtrace reasonably believes such information is needed to provide you a technology or solution that you have requested.
In addition to the above, Microtrace may use “cookies” to automatically collect information about your activities on this website. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time. Information that may be collected by cookies when you use Microtrace’s website may include:
- the pages you visit within the website;
- the date and time of you visit the website;
- the amount of time you spend using the website;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet (your IP address, however, will be anonymized); and/or
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to log in to the website or use certain features of the website. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Use of Personal Data Collected
Microtrace uses your Personal Data collected solely for the following purposes, and will endeavor to limit its requests for Personal Data to such requests as are reasonably necessary to achieve these purposes:
- To ensure Microtrace’s technologies and solutions are relevant to your needs
- To provide you with information, such as product documentation or downloads
- To alert you to product updates, updated information and other new technologies or solutions from Microtrace or to forward promotional materials, if you so request
We use Google Analytics to better understand the behavior of our customers to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on this website or other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To find out more about how Google Analytics works, please go to: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
Use of Automated Decision-Making
Microtrace uses the tools referenced above to track your online activities. These tools make automated decisions based on such information to provide you with tailored advertising. Microtrace does not use any automated decision-making based on any of the following special categories:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade-union membership
- Genetic data or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person
- Data concerning health
- Data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you. If you do not want to be subject to such automated-decision making, please contact us at the address indicated below.
No Sharing of Personal Data
Microtrace may process your Personal Data without your consent if the further processing is compatible with the purposes for which the Personal Data was initially collected. Some factors that Microtrace may consider in determining whether a further processing is “compatible” with the initial purpose are:
- any link between those purposes and the purposes of the intended further processing;
- the context in which the Personal Data have been collected, in particular your reasonable expectations based on your relationship with Microtrace as to their further use;
- the nature of the Personal Data;
- the consequences of the intended further processing for data subjects; and
- the existence of appropriate safeguards in both the original and intended further processing operations.
Further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes is considered not incompatible with the initial purpose for which the Personal Data was processed.
Microtrace endeavors to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, Microtrace does not warrant or represent that your Personal Data is completely safe from hackers and other security threats. If you have any questions about the security on this site, you can contact Microtrace at phone number provided in the Contact Information section below.
Time period for retention of Personal Data
Microtrace may store and retain Personal Data only as long as necessary. Subject to certain exclusions, we will erase your Personal Data upon your request (see below for further discussion).
How do we allow customers to update or change their personal information?
You may update or change your personal information pertaining to you or your account by contacting Microtrace. To request to be removed from our emailing list or any of our communications, please contact us here.
Right of erasure
You have the right to obtain from Microtrace the erasure of your Personal Data where one of the following grounds applies:
- the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdrew your consent on which the processing is based, and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- you object to the processing on the below bases, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing:
- processing for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Microtrace; or processing for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Microtrace or by a third party; or
- processing for direct marketing purposes
- the Personal Data have been unlawfully processed; or
- the Personal Data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which Microtrace is subject.
Notwithstanding the above, Microtrace has the right to refuse your request based on the following circumstances:
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation;
- for reasons of public interest in the area of public health;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Right to lodge a complaint
If you believe that Microtrace has infringed your rights under the GDPR, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
Transfer of Personal Data to U.S.
Microtrace and the website is based in the United States and regardless of where you access the website, the information collected as part of that use will be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the United States. The European Commission has recognized organizations in the U.S. certified under the Privacy Shield framework as providing adequate protection on the basis of Article 45 of the GDPR. Microtrace is not currently certified under the Privacy Shield.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
Microtrace reserves the right to change this privacy statement from time to time. When Microtrace does, Microtrace will also revise the “last update” date at the top of this privacy statement.
3001 103rd Lane NE
Minneapolis, MN 55449
Please include your name, mailing address, electronic mail address and property address along with your inquiry.